Kathy Toth and Team | Keller Williams Realty Ann Arbor Market Center | 734.426.6669
I got this question the other day and wanted to share it with you. “How do I find the right real estate agent for me?” Here’s my response:
1. When searching for a real estate agent, it’s important to find one who appreciates and understands the type of transactions you will engage. When approaching potential agents, explain to them that if you are an investor, your business model is based on a high number of transactions closing on a yearly basis or if you are buyng one home that you will need personalized attention.
2. It is important to find an agent that has the right mindset to work on all types of transactions. If an agent does not understand financing and investing, you will most likely have issues working with this agent in the future. It will be critical to find high energy, open-minded people who are interested in learning or experiencing different aspects of real estate.
3. When hiring an agent to represent you in a transaction, consider that you’re going to use their knowledge of the real estate market. It is their skill and experience that will benefit you and the goals of transactions in your business.
4. Of all the homes they list, what percent sell?
5. What are homes selling for in the market compared to their results ( LP/SP ratio).
6. How many days on market do their sales take vs. the average?
7. Be sure to spend some time discussing your goals and expectations with the agent. The more they can learn about your process, system, timing you wish to focus on, the faster they can provide you with opportunities to review and or place offers.
To summarize, having an excellent real estate expert on your team can benefit your real estate business significantly. The more they understand your business, the better they can support its growth and your ability to earn a substantial income in this market. There is no replacement for an excellent reputation and experience. This is priceless!
For your current and the most comprehensive Ann Arbor Area Real Estate market information including absorption rates for Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter and Saline click here . Keep up-to-date on your local neighborhood and have the report sent directly to your email inbox.
Search homes in Ann Arbor and the surrounding Washtenaw County area and call us as we often know about properties before they are listed. Search here to find foreclosure deals in the area.
Let the Ann Arbor Real Estate Experts |(734) 426-6669 | We are here to help you achieve your Ann Arbor, Chelsea, Dexter, and Saline Real Estate goals.