You may think that selling your Ann Arbor Area home during the holidays is nearly impossible. While, it’s true that many buyers tend to put their home search on hold until after the new year, there are those who are taking advantage of less competition. In fact, selling your Washtenaw home this time of year allows you to highlight the warmth and comfort that your home offers. Buyers can immediately imagine themselves celebrating the holidays in your Ann Arbor Area home, which means putting your best foot forward this time of year is important!
If you currently have your home on the Ann Arbor Area Real Estate market, or have been considering selling your Ann Arbor Area home; you’ll want to know the best way to enhance your home without going overboard. Here are seven tips that can help sell your Ann Arbor Area home this holiday season.
- Add Holiday Adornments- You don’t want to go overboard, but a simple evergreen wreath, a poinsettia center piece or other small decorations can create a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. Of course it’s best to avoid overly religious flourishes as this can be off-putting to some.
- Complement Your Décor- You’ll want to make sure that your Christmas decoration palette matches or complements your current décor. If the colors clash or seem to be fighting for attention, this can be very distracting to buyers and can take away from the great features of your home you’re trying to highlight.
- Highlight the Highlights- Draw attention to a beautiful fireplace mantle with a few tasteful ornaments or enhance an arched doorway with hanging mistletoe.
- Go Light on the Lights- An abundance of outdoor lights can leave Ann Arbor Area buyers wondering what the front of your home looks like. And, while you may love your giant inflatable lawn ornaments; it may be best to leave those in storage this year. Everyone has different tastes and you don’t want buyers to be met at your home with a sense of “tacky.”
- Mind the Tree- While a tall Christmas tree can showcase a two story living room, be sure to be careful of the tree’s width. The last thing you want is to have your Ann Arbor Area home appear smaller than it really is. Also, you’ll want to stick with a cohesive theme for your ornaments. The family homemade ornaments can be meaningful to you, but can quickly make your tree look gaudy to outsiders. Keep it simple this year and remember, there’s always next year when you can display those keepsakes in your new home!
- Give Warmth- Just before a showing, be sure to turn up your thermostat a few degrees to make it extra toasty inside. Ann Arbor Area buyers will be thankful for the change from Massachusetts’ cold winters. Put a fire in the fireplace to add an extra sense of warmth and highlight the cozy atmosphere that this feature of your home can bring.
- Offer Tasty Treats- While you don’t want to come across as trying to bribe buyers, everyone loves holiday treats and having a plate full of cookies and candy can make the home showing a little sweeter. Hot chocolate and apple cider are always welcome and buyers will feel that you have their best interest in mind.
As Ann Arbor Area Real Estate Experts, we enjoy helping people sell their homes! Our experience and savvy marketing plan has allowed many clients to sell their Ann Arbor Area homes faster than market average, for top dollar, with less hassle.
We hope these tips encourage you that selling your Ann Arbor Area home during the holidays is possible and gives you insight into how to make your home stand out on the Ann Arbor Area Real Estate market.
We are here to get you started selling your Ann Arbor Area home. Blessings!