Chelsea Center for the Arts in Chelsea, Michigan was formed in 1994 and is well underway to becoming one of the best new community non-profit organizations in the area. Their primary goal is to “enhance the quality of life in Chelsea and the surrounding area with programs that encourage participation and appreciation of the arts.” They are working in conjunction with the Chelsea School District; the local Businesses; the Art Galleries; and the Chelsea District Library to form a complete community connection to the Arts.
Chelsea Center for the Arts is so successful due to a dedicated group of like-minded people filled with energy and really making a difference in their community. They are busy offering creative programs to children, teens and adults in music, art instruction and literature. Here is a list of just some of the programs offered.
You just may want to take your artistic talents and soar to new heights, so take some time to review The Chelsea Center for the Arts Scholarships and Tuition Assistance programs that are being offered.
- A wide range of Music programs such as Parent & Child Music Lessons; Chelsea Children’s Choir; Youngest Singer; Music Together®; and a fun class called 88 Fingers. Read more about these talented music Instructors and their areas of expertise. To see of list of all the music courses offered at the Chelsea Center for the Arts click here. You may also schedule private lessons for adults and students.
- Visual Arts – Students and Adults can sign up for age appropriate art classes which will open up all your creative senses. Classes start out with art for the preschooler’s as well as after-school art clubs. They also have classes for Teens and Adults.
- For those wanting to work with Clay, they have classes at different levels that will give you confidence in working and manipulating your own clay designs.
- Or how about Photography – one of my favorites. In this digital age, learn how to take your digital camera pics to a whole new level. I just may be signing up for this class.
- And don’t forget Painting with classes that will stretch your imagination in a ‘no pressure’ environment using watercolor, acrylic or oils. And as they say at the Center, “All painters are welcome.”
- Do you want to express yourself with the fiber arts, they offer knitting and crocheting, adding a fresh new perspective.
- In the Literary Arts, just this past September and October of 2011, they offered a great course for Writers entitled, “Mastering the Point of View.” Keep an eye out for other literary courses that the Chelsea Center for the Arts may offer.
Non-Profit organizations grow through sponsorship and their patrons. Fund raising efforts are ongoing. Thanks to the generous support from contributors, non-profit organizations like The Chelsea Center for the Arts can exist to “Develop, Foster, and Promote the Arts in Chelsea, Michigan and the surrounding area.”
Explore Chelsea: Purple Rose Theatre | The Common Grill | Chelsea Center for the Arts | Chelsea Center for the Arts | Chelsea Clock Tower | Chelsea Teddy Bear Company | Chelsea Community Tour | Ellie’s Chocolate Cafe | Glee Cake and Pastry | Silver Maples Community | Zou Zou’s Cafe
Search homes in Ann Arbor and the surrounding Washtenaw County area and call us as we often know about properties before they are listed. Search here to find foreclosure deals in the area. Let the Ann Arbor Real Estate Experts – Kathy Toth and Team, Keller Williams Realty help you achieve your Ann Arbor Real Estate goals.